All of their programs are supported by funds from federal, state, and county initiatives; private foundations; and individual donors, including: Funded by the Mental Health Services Act in partnership with Contra Costa Behavioral Health Services, Contra Costa County Mental Health, Contra Costa County Health Department AIDS Program, Contra Costa County Dept. of Conservation and Development Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), Kaiser Permanente Foundation, Horizons Foundation under a grant from The California Wellness Foundation, The San Francisco Foundation, Northern California Rainbow Divers, AIDS Walk San Francisco, Center Link (under a grant from The Johnson Family Foundation), Concord/Pleasant Hill Health District, Mt. Diablo Unified School District, and the generous support of our community members.
Here are some of the programs that the Rainbow Community offers...
- Contra Costa Youth Advocacy Collaborative - A joint community effort to reach & engage families, peers, schools, faith groups & other community members to raise awareness of the harmful effects of rejection on the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender & queer/questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
- Social GUY-Zing - A group for men who love men. 18+. New topic each group.
- LGBT and Friends NA Meeting - A Narcotics Anonymous group for our LGBTQ community, every Saturday from 7:30-8:45pm
- Mixed AA Meeting - Alcoholics Anonymous Group for our LGBTQ community, every Tuesday from 7:30-8:30pm
- Men's Social Group - Meet other GBT men in the area! This group meets at RCC on the 4 th Saturdays, 4pm, and heads out to a local restaurant for dinner. The group also hosts movies nights, potlucks, and more.
- Gender Voice - Gender Voice is a social support & discussion group at the Rainbow Community Center that welcomes all people interested in exploring their personal gender identity and expression.
- Kind Hearts Food Pantry - Weekly food assistance for Seniors, HIV/AIDS and other qualifying LGBTQ people
- Senior Luncheon - Luncheon and Social for LGBTQ Seniors 55+
- Free HIV Testing - Every Tuesday night from 4-8pm
- Men's HIV Support Group - A social and support group for men living with HIV/AIDS, every Monday night from 6:30-8:00
- Rainbow Counseling Services - Rainbow Counseling Services provide quality mental health counseling and case management support to members of the LGBTQ community and their families, and to those who are questioning their sexual and/or gender identity.
- Youth Program (Ages 11-25) - Youth Program at the Rainbow Community Center is designed to promote self-acceptance and a positive self-identity for all LGBTQ+ youth.
- Transgender Group - The Transgender Group is a peer support, discussion, & video viewing group at the Rainbow Community Center.